ABOUT JOB LOCATION
Lihue is an unincorporated community, census-designated place (CDP) and therefore the county seat of Kauai County, Hawaii, United States. Lihue is that the second largest town on the Hawaiian island of Kauaʻi after Kapaʻa. As of the 2010 census, the CDP had a population of 6,455 up from 5,694 at the 2000 census.
Start your aviation career with Hawaiian Airlines at the Lihue Airport!
As a ramp agent with our Kahului ‘ohana, you will:
- Earn $15 per hour with pay increases (in accordance with the negotiation agreement).
- Learn new skills once you attend our PAID training courses.
- Receive a $3,500 sign-on bonus after completing training for the Airport Ramp Agent – Kahului position
At Hawaiian Airlines, we are about welcoming our guests with Hawaiian hospitality and aloha, and taking care of our people, our home and therefore the communities we serve. Join our ‘ohana and be an element of an exciting team of professionals dedicated to serving our kama‘āina and introducing our islands to the world!
Candidates applying to the present requisition may be considered for the interview process below. The interview process consists of the following:
- A 30 minute interview
Candidates successful within the interview process may be invited to paid classroom training in Honolulu. Training is seven days, 8 hours per day on weekdays.
Ramp Agents are liable for loading and offloading our guests’ baggage, ensuring they’re accounted for and well taken care of.
They also look out for the security and well-being of each other, while ensuring our flights arrive and depart on-time.
If you’re up for the challenge of physical work and being outdoors, we would like to hear from you.
Watch a quick two-minute video to learn more about the position.
Pay and Benefits
This position is roofed by a collective bargaining agreement and the pay for this position is $15.00 per hour.
Medical, dental and vision benefits are provided in accordance with the negotiation agreement and may not be available for all positions.
Per the negotiation agreement, work schedules are awarded supported seniority. New hires are awarded their initial shift supported operational need. You’ll be awarded a full-time or part-time shift and you must be able to accept the shift awarded to you.
Work schedules are set, 5 days on, 2 days off. Shifts don’t change unless there is an operational need.
Part-time is 5 to six hours per shift and Full-Time is 8 hours per shift. Supported operational need, you’ll need to report to work early and/or work beyond your scheduled end time. Part-time employees could also be extended to full-time hours supported operational need.
The airport is busiest within the middle of the day (typically 9am – 4pm). Nearly all new hires are awarded shifts during this timeframe. If you’ve got a full-time job during the day, please consider this before applying.
If you are doing Not Reside on Kauai
If hired, based on operational need, you’ll be required to report to work early and/or work beyond your scheduled end time. Those that plan to fly to get to/from work would have difficulty reporting to work early, which may be a restriction in availability. It might be difficult for us to consider you and encourage you to monitor our careers website for an opportunity based on your desired work location.
- Legally authorized to figure in the United States.
- Minimum 18 years old.
- Possess a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent education.
- Valid driver’s license issued within the United States (driver’s permits and provisional driver’s licenses not allowed).
- Ability to figure any shift awarded.
- Ability to finish pre-employment drug test and if hired, random drug testing.
- Ability to satisfy comprehensive background checks and fingerprinting to satisfy company security requirements and obtain various clearances to work at the airport (SIDA, Customs, and USPS, as applicable).
- Must provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination by start date
Minimum Physical Requirements
- The Ramp Agent position may be a very physical position, working outside within the elements.
- You will be lifting 70 lbs. throughout your shift (up to 200 lbs., buddy lift), working in confined spaces on your knees/elbows (belly of an aircraft, which may be nearly 100 degrees, loading/offloading baggage), lifting baggage overhead frequently (weighing 70+ lbs.), operating heavy machinery near the aircraft, driving tugs, and more.
- If hired, you’ll be required to work as a Ramp Agent for one year before being eligible to apply for other positions within Hawaiian Airlines.
- Airline experience
- Physical labor experience and/or working during a warehouse environment
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian® has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for every of the past 18 years (2004-2021) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation and was named No. 1 U.S. airline by Condé Nast Traveler’s 2021 Readers Choice Awards. Consumer surveys by Travel + Leisure and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian among the highest of all domestic airlines serving Hawaiʻi.
Now in its 93rd year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawaiʻi’s biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers approximately 130 flights within the Hawaiian Islands, daily nonstop flights between Hawaiʻi and 16 U.S. gateway cities – quite any other airline – as well as service connecting Honolulu and American Samoa, Japan, South Korea, Sydney, and Tahiti. As a results of the COVID-19 pandemic, Hawaiian’s Auckland flights remain suspended.
The airline is committed to connecting people with aloha by offering complimentary meals for all guests on transpacific routes and therefore the convenience of no change fees on Main Cabin and Premium Cabin seats. HawaiianMiles members also enjoy flexibility with miles that never expire. As Hawai‘i’s hometown airline, Hawaiian encourages guests to Travel Pono and knowledge the islands safely and respectfully.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. may be a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is out there at HawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian’s Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir), become a lover on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines), and follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian’s LinkedIn page.
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines’ online newsroom.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor won’t discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as an element of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a proper complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) according to the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
DISCLAIMER: We do not give out jobs to applicant, all we do is to provide jobs update across the world for easy access and submission of applications and CV. And also get to know that all service rendered on this platform is a selfless act that does not require any payment from the website users. Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams.