About Job Location
France: officially the French Republic (French: République française), is a transcontinental country spanning Western Europe and overseas regions and territories in the Americas and the Atlantic, Pacific and Indian Oceans. Its metropolitan area extends from the Rhine to the Atlantic Ocean and from the Mediterranean Sea to the English Channel and the North Sea; overseas territories include French Guiana in South America, Saint Pierre and Miquelon in the North Atlantic, the French West Indies, and many islands in Oceania and the Indian Ocean. Due to its several coastal territories, France has the largest exclusive economic zone in the world. France borders Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Monaco, Italy, Andorra, and Spain in continental Europe, as well as the Netherlands, Suriname, and Brazil in the Americas via its overseas territories in French Guiana and Saint Martin. Its eighteen integral regions (five of which are overseas) span a combined area of 643,801 km2 (248,573 sq mi) and over 67 million people (as of May 2021). France is a unitary semi-presidential republic with its capital in Paris, the country’s largest city and main cultural and commercial centre; other major urban areas include Marseille, Lyon, Toulouse, Lille, Bordeaux, and Nice.
Inhabited since the Palaeolithic era, the territory of Metropolitan France was settled by Celtic tribes known as Gauls during the Iron Age. Rome annexed the area in 51 BC, leading to a distinct Gallo-Roman culture that laid the foundation of the French language. The Germanic Franks formed the Kingdom of Francia, which became the heartland of the Carolingian Empire. The Treaty of Verdun of 843 partitioned the empire, with West Francia becoming the Kingdom of France in 987. In the High Middle Ages, France was a powerful but highly decentralised feudal kingdom. Philip II successfully strengthened royal power and defeated his rivals to double the size of the crown lands; by the end of his reign, France had emerged as the most powerful state in Europe. From the mid-14th to the mid-15th century, France was plunged into a series of dynastic conflicts involving England, collectively known as the Hundred Years’ War, and a distinct French identity emerged as a result. The French Renaissance saw art and culture flourish, conflict with the House of Habsburg, and the establishment of a global colonial empire, which by the 20th century would become the second-largest in the world. The second half of the 16th century was dominated by religious civil wars between Catholics and Huguenots that severely weakened the country. France again emerged as Europe’s dominant power in the 17th century under Louis XIV following the Thirty Years’ War. Inadequate economic policies, inequitable taxes and frequent wars (notably a defeat in the Seven Years’ War and costly involvement in the American War of Independence), left the kingdom in a precarious economic situation by the end of the 18th century. This precipitated the French Revolution of 1789, which overthrew the Ancien Régime and produced the Declaration of the Rights of Man, which expresses the nation’s ideals to this day.
Read Also: Farm Worker Urgently Needed – Paris (France)
- The Executive Chef ensures the efficient operations of all food production areas, by consistently
- analyzing the food production quality & cost, keeping within budget & monitoring time management.
- Implement and maintain all service standards as determined by the Corporate Office, providing your team with ongoing training and support.
- Ensuring safe, quality food production, and to create a friendly, guest-oriented service culture to ensure Guest satisfaction and repeat business.
- Hold excellent cooking skills, with the flair and creativity to enhance buffet presentations; constantly strive to upgrade the food quality and presentation, host Kitchen Table events and cooking demonstrations; make use of culinary check lists on a frequent basis.
- Work within set food-cost budgets and follow the portion control chart accordingly and adjust food requisitions to avoid any overproduction; share the overall responsibility of all food orders & consumption with the Inventory Manager in terms of Guest count, itinerary, availability & usage.
- Maintain direct communication with the Inventory Manager for provision related matters – slow and non-moving item lists, inventory, standard products, maintaining par levels, first in first out (FIFO); be present during loading for quality assurance, and report discrepancies to the Inventory Manager.
- Ensure the maintenance and upkeep of all Galley equipment by overseeing the Annual Galley Equipment
- Budget Projection and documenting & reporting any damages/malfunctions to all relevant parties; and ordering, receiving, issuing & maintaining par levels, for the equipment store.
- Ensure that all menus, recipes, methods and specifications are adhered to, and spot-check all venues serving food daily to ensure that all food outlets & displays are in line with the quality & cleanliness of Company standards and all Public Health Policies.
- Visit various food preparation stations & conduct random tastings to correct any discrepancies (quality/taste/appearance) immediately.
- Lead and support a multi-cultural team, maximizing crew satisfaction, productivity, and retention; meet with Team Leaders daily.
Extremely Competitive Salary and Benefits Package, attractive rotation, the opportunity to fully utilize your creativity in a unique luxury market.
DISCLAIMER: We do not give out jobs to applicant, all we do is to provide jobs update across the world for easy access and submission of applications and CV. And also get to know that all service rendered on this platform is a selfless act that does not require any payment from the website users. Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams.