About Job Location
Singapore officially the Republic of Singapore, is a sovereign island country and city-state in maritime Southeast Asia. It lies about one degree of latitude (137 kilometres or 85 miles) north of the equator, off the southern tip of the Malay Peninsula, bordering the Strait of Malacca to the west, the Singapore Strait to the south, the South China Sea to the east and the Straits of Johor to the north. The country’s territory is composed of one main island, 63 satellite islands and islets, and one outlying islet, the combined area of which has increased by 25% since the country’s independence as a result of extensive land reclamation projects. It has the third highest population density in the world. With a multicultural population and recognising the need to respect cultural identities of the major ethnic groups within the nation, Singapore has four official languages; English, Malay, Mandarin, and Tamil. English is the lingua franca and numerous public services are available only in English. Multiracialism is enshrined in the constitution and continues to shape national policies in education, housing, and politics.
Singapore’s history dates back at least a millennium, having been a maritime emporium known as Temasek and subsequently as a major constituent part of several successive thalassocratic empires. Its contemporary era began in 1819 when Stamford Raffles established Singapore as an entrepôt trading post of the British Empire. In 1867, the colonies in Southeast Asia were reorganised and Singapore came under the direct control of Britain as part of the Straits Settlements. During the Second World War, Singapore was occupied by Japan in 1942, and returned to British control as a separate crown colony following Japan’s surrender in 1945. Singapore gained self-governance in 1959 and in 1963 became part of the new federation of Malaysia, alongside Malaya, North Borneo, and Sarawak. Ideological differences, most notably the perceived encroachment of the egalitarian “Malaysian Malaysia” political ideology led by Lee Kuan Yew into the other constituent entities of Malaysia – at the perceived expense of the bumiputera and the policies of Ketuanan Melayu – eventually led to Singapore’s expulsion from the federation two years later; Singapore became an independent sovereign country in 1965.
After early years of turbulence whilst lacking natural resources and a hinterland, the nation rapidly developed to become one of the Four Asian Tigers based on international trade and economic globalisation, integrating itself within the world economy through free trade with minimal to no trade barriers or tariffs, export-oriented industrialisation, and the large accumulation of received foreign direct investments, foreign-exchange reserves and assets held by sovereign wealth funds. A highly developed country, it is ranked joint-eleventh on the UN Human Development Index and has the second-highest GDP per capita (PPP) in the world. Identified as a tax haven, Singapore is the only country in Asia with a AAA sovereign credit rating from all major rating agencies. It is a major aviation, financial and maritime shipping hub, and has consistently been ranked as one of the most expensive cities to live in for expatriates and foreign workers. Singapore is placed highly in key social indicators: education, healthcare, quality of life, personal safety, infrastructure and housing, with a home-ownership rate of 88 percent. Singaporeans enjoy one of the longest life expectancies, fastest Internet connection speeds, lowest infant mortality rates and lowest levels of corruption in the world.
A high technology ranch has numerous robotization, robotics and programmable outfit and ministry that are integral to the functioning of the ranch. Your part will be to insure the optimal operations, ongoing conservation and, fine- tuning of these systems. You’ll directly report into the Susurrus and work veritably nearly with the head farmer. Flash back, in your hands will be the heart of the ranch – the most critical factors to the proper workings of the ranch.
- Manage and maintain electrical panels, connections, cabling to ensure all equipment and performing optimally and in an energy efficient manner
- Manage and operate the diesel genset
- Coordinate with LEW to ensure statutory compliance
- Monitor, maintain and trouble shoot farm equipment – such as the electrical components of the growing system, seeding machine, irrigation pumps, motors and other equipment
- Maintenance of facilities at the Greenhouse
- Create an equipment inspection, maintenance, and servicing schedule – monthly tentative and weekly firm – based on equipment type, use and performance.
- Log equipment operation metrics, TPM parameters like MTBF, MTTR etc.
- Liaise with equipment vendors to troubleshoot any issues / loss of performance
- When required, perform other roles in the farm as necessary
What we’re looking for:
- A passionate, high energy candidate with the hunger for learning and fast growth
- Strong ethics and personal value system that is consistent with the company’s belief in the importance of fresh and nutritious food
- Ability to multi-task as well as being self-disciplined
- An ITE Diploma in the field of electrical engineering
- Prior experience (3-5 years) in related roles
- Ability to work independently, put your hand up for a challenge and be open tocontributing to other aspects of the business as relevant
- We strongly believe that Attitude is A.; skills and experience can be obtained with the right attitude and work ethic
What you will get:
- Be a part of a high-energy, high growth organization in the new age Ag-tech sector
- Exposure to cutting edge technology and equipment
- Monthly basic salary of S$3000
- CPF, as per statutory guidance
- Transport to/from nearest MRT station (Kranji MRT)
- On the job and other necessary trainings and upskilling will be provided
DISCLAIMER: We do not give out jobs to applicant, all we do is to provide jobs update across the world for easy access and submission of applications and CV. And also get to know that all service rendered on this platform is a selfless act that does not require any payment from the website users. Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams.