About Job Location
The United Arab Emirates is a country in Western Asia (The Middle East). It is located at the eastern end of the Arabian Peninsula and shares borders with Oman and Saudi Arabia, while having maritime borders in the Persian Gulf with Qatar and Iran. Abu Dhabi is the nation’s capital, while Dubai, the most populous city, is an international hub.
The United Arab Emirates is an elective monarchy formed from a federation of seven emirates, consisting of Abu Dhabi (the capital), Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras Al Khaimah, Sharjah and Umm Al Quwain. Each emirate is governed by an Emir and together the emirs form the Federal Supreme Council. The members of the Federal Supreme Council elect a president and Vice President from among their members. In practice, the emir of Abu Dhabi serves as president while the ruler of Dubai is Vice President and also prime minister. In 2013, the country had a population of 9.2 million, of which 1.4 million were Emirati citizens and 7.8 million were expatriates. As of 2020, the United Arab Emirates has an estimated population of roughly 9.9 million.
The United Arab Emirates has been inhabited for over 125,000 years. It has been the crossroads of trading for many civilizations, including Mesopotamia, Persia, and India.
Islam is the official religion and Arabic the official language. The United Arab Emirates’ oil and natural gas reserves are the world’s sixth and seventh-largest, respectively. Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, ruler of Abu Dhabi and the country’s first president, oversaw the development of the Emirates by investing oil revenues into healthcare, education, and infrastructure. The United Arab Emirates has the most diversified economy among the members of the Gulf Cooperation Council. In the 21st century, the country has become less reliant on oil and gas and is economically focusing on tourism and business. The government does not levy income tax, although there is a corporate tax in place and a 5% value-added tax was established in 2018.
Human rights in the country has been regarded by human rights groups, such as Amnesty International, Freedom House and Human Rights Watch, as generally substandard, with citizens criticising the regime imprisoned and tortured, families harassed by the state security apparatus, and cases of forced disappearances. Individual rights such as the freedoms of assembly, association, the press, expression, and religion are also severely repressed.
The UAE is considered a middle power. It is a member of the United Nations, Arab League, Organisation of Islamic Cooperation, OPEC, Non-Aligned Movement, and Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC).
Department MM812 _ Field Service Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa
Location Dubai, UAE
Field Engineer is employed in Marlink Group at the Field Service, General Department responsible for installation, service and maintenance of equipment and solutions within Marlink Maritime Business Unit. Field Engineer reports to the Manager Field Service Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa and ultimately to the Director Field Service & Partner Management. Installation, service and maintenance of those equipment and Main Goals solutions offered within the Marlink Maritime Product Portfolio.
Responsibilities Responsibility and authorization are in accordance with the
and Authorization processes relevant to this position.
Main Tasks • Responsible for the work and activities related to installation, service and maintenance of all Connectivity/Satellite Systems, IT Network equipment and other Marlink VAS on Projects executed globally
- Direct technical support to local partner engineers or end users during installation, service, and maintenance of the products within Maritime portfolio.
- Evaluation of local partner engineers’ quality of work, execution of their trainings and certification
- Implementation of pilot projects or new technologies and preparation of appropriate and detailed documentation related to these projects
- Creation and archiving detailed documentation from installations, services, and maintenances of all products within Marlink Maritime Portfolio.
- Responsibility for completion of the installation with successful operation on time with respect to agreed installation plan
- Provide consultations to customers, can perform remote assisted installations
- Cooperate with other departments to solve technical and operational problems
- Assist and execute tests on a new / unknown equipment in cooperation with other Departments of the company
Main Knowledge • Fluent in English and preferably other international
- Higher education in IT, Datacom or Telecom (bachelor’s degree)
- Experience in the marine electronics environment on cruise ships, yachts, and industrial vessels is an advantage
- Good knowledge in Satellite Communication and Information Technology
- IT skills is a must, minimum understanding on computer network infrastructure and administration
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and strong troubleshoot skills.
- Able to learn and adapt to new issues and handle multiple tasks effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Must demonstrate a strong commitment to quality, and adherence to practices, procedures, and scheduling deadlines.
- Preferably experience from serving multi-national customers.
- Medically cleared and physically fit to work in offshore / Maritime environment. Must be able to lift heavy equipment and climb into confined antenna spaces.
Main Attitude • Able to handle stress and able to work under time Competences pressure
- Able to support and communicate with customers in a professional manner
- Team player with ability to independently solving his tasks
- Analytical skills
- Skills in incidents solving
- Able to set priorities
- Complies with agreements
- Actively and continuously increase knowledge level by self-studying and trainings
- Actively share knowledge within the organization
- Ready to travel in relation with work activities
- Customer oriented in reflection and action
- Flexible to perform also other tasks outside the scope of his/her main role
- Capability to work worldwide, both independently and in cooperation with others under a high workload.
- Must be flexible to work and travel varying schedules, including evening and weekends.
- Positive and result oriented
- Problem solver, structured and systematic working methods
- Prioritize correctly under pressure
If interested, please