ABOUT JOB LOCATION
Australia, formally the Commonwealth of Australia, may be a country and sovereign state in the southern hemisphere, located in Oceania. Its capital city is Canberra, and its largest city is Sydney.
Australia is that the sixth biggest country in the world by land area, and is a component of the Oceanic and Australasian regions. Australia, New Zealand, New Guinea and other islands on the Australian tectonic plate are together called Australasia, which is one among the world’s great Eco zones. When other Pacific islands are included with Australasia, it’s called Oceania.
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. We nurture our people, cultivate our growing sites and invest in ongoing research and development.
All of the products we grow and sell are fresh, nutritious, unprocessed and grown on our very own farms or those of our partner growers
We are currently trying to find enthusiastic and motivated people to join our picking teams.
Sulphur Creek – Blueberry Farm
East Devonport – Strawberry Farm
Wesley Vale –Raspberry Farms
Dunorlan / Bengeo – Blackberry Farm
Lebrina – Blueberry Farm
What’s In It on behalf of me – We understand you spend most of your time at work, therefore the team at Costa want it to be fun and fulfilling!
We have a number of benefits on offer including:
- Pay in line with the Costa Berries Enterprise Agreement including double Piece Rate buy work on public holidays.
- All Costa Berries sites are classed as regional for Working Holiday 2nd and 3rd year visas.
- Public Holidays and longer paid breaks than required by the Horticulture Award.
- Great team environment.
- Further training and career opportunities – we’ve many examples of people who have moved their way through different roles in our business.
- Get outdoors and contribute to helping feeding families all around Australia.
- Higher than the Horticultural Award wage rate.
- Make new friends, learn new skills, study new cultures. Costa may be a diverse organization – we have people from all walks of life.
- Full safety induction.
- Work health and safety managed as a priority on site with qualified and experienced First Aiders available in the least times.
- Full COVID protocols in situ to protect all workers – registered COVID Safe Business TAS.
- Opportunity to travel – follow the Costa Harvest Trail, work your way around Australia.
- Values based organization, Costa features a culture of CARE.
- Clean easily accessible facilities.
- Access to free Employee Assistance Program (online and by phone) providing support to all or any employees.
- Piece rates are calculated from an interest rate higher than the Horticulture Award.
- You are not afraid of hard work and having a go! Costa’s fruit waits for no-one, you’ll pick rain, hail and shine.
- You don’t mind seeing the sun come up, starts are often early.
- You ask a lot of questions: we rely on you to be our eyes and ears, if you see or aren’t sure about something please speak up, we are here to support you on your picking adventure.
How Will You Get Paid?
- Picking is paid under Piece Rate
- All employees will view and sign a bit Rate Agreement on commencement of employment outlining the minimum rates they will be paid
- Weekly pay every Thursday by Bank transfer
- Pay slips are emailed at the identical time to your nominated email address
- Superannuation is paid in line with legislation
To successfully complete your application please include a replica of your photo ID (License, Passport, and ID Card) and your certificate. Alternatively, if you’ve got a Passport you can just upload a copy.
What is the Next Step?
Once you’ve got completed your application, keep an eye fixed on your emails.
The Recruitment Team are going to be in contact, as they’ll require some more information, or they’re ready to send you an onboarding pack.
Once you’ve got completed your pack, we will arrange a start date.
When you relocate to a regional, remote or harvest area to require up short-term agricultural work, you’ll be eligible for financial assistance to help with the costs of travel and accommodation through the AgMove Relocation Assistance program.
DISCLAIMER: We do not give out jobs to applicant, all we do is to provide jobs update across the world for easy access and submission of applications and CV. And also get to know that all service rendered on this platform is a selfless act that does not require any payment from the website users. Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams.