About Job Location
Singapore officially the Republic of Singapore, is a sovereign island country and city-state in maritime Southeast Asia. It lies about one degree of latitude (137 kilometres or 85 miles) north of the equator, off the southern tip of the Malay Peninsula, bordering the Strait of Malacca to the west, the Singapore Strait to the south, the South China Sea to the east and the Straits of Johor to the north. The country’s territory is composed of one main island, 63 satellite islands and islets, and one outlying islet, the combined area of which has increased by 25% since the country’s independence as a result of extensive land reclamation projects. It has the third highest population density in the world. With a multicultural population and recognising the need to respect cultural identities of the major ethnic groups within the nation, Singapore has four official languages; English, Malay, Mandarin, and Tamil. English is the lingua franca and numerous public services are available only in English. Multiracialism is enshrined in the constitution and continues to shape national policies in education, housing, and politics.
Singapore’s history dates back at least a millennium, having been a maritime emporium known as Temasek and subsequently as a major constituent part of several successive thalassocratic empires. Its contemporary era began in 1819 when Stamford Raffles established Singapore as an entrepôt trading post of the British Empire. In 1867, the colonies in Southeast Asia were reorganised and Singapore came under the direct control of Britain as part of the Straits Settlements. During the Second World War, Singapore was occupied by Japan in 1942, and returned to British control as a separate crown colony following Japan’s surrender in 1945. Singapore gained self-governance in 1959 and in 1963 became part of the new federation of Malaysia, alongside Malaya, North Borneo, and Sarawak. Ideological differences, most notably the perceived encroachment of the egalitarian “Malaysian Malaysia” political ideology led by Lee Kuan Yew into the other constituent entities of Malaysia – at the perceived expense of the bumiputera and the policies of Ketuanan Melayu – eventually led to Singapore’s expulsion from the federation two years later; Singapore became an independent sovereign country in 1965.
We are looking to hire a dedicated and reliable kitchen assistant to assist the cook with ingredient preparation as well as perform all washing and cleaning duties required in the kitchen. The kitchen assistant’s responsibilities include assisting with inventory control, removing the garbage, washing garbage cans, and clearing refrigerators, freezers, and storage rooms. You should also be able to record notable food wastages as seen from customer’s leftovers.
To be successful as a kitchen assistant, you should exercise exceptional time management and ensure that all duties are completed in a timely manner. Ultimately, an outstanding Kitchen Assistant should be able to comply with all food health and safety regulations.
Read Also: Farm Technician Urgently Needed – Singapore
Kitchen Assistant Responsibilities:
- Properly cleaning and sanitizing all food preparation areas according to established standards of hygiene.
- Washing and appropriately storing all cooking appliances, instruments, utensils, cutting boards, and dishes.
- Assisting the Cook with the preparation of meal ingredients, which includes washing, cleaning, peeling, cutting, and chopping fruit, vegetables, poultry, and meat.
- Sweeping and mopping the kitchen floors as well as wiping down kitchen walls.
- Assisting with the unloading of delivered food supplies.
- Organizing and correctly storing food supplies.
- Promptly transferring meal ingredients from storage areas to the kitchen as per the Cook’s instructions.
- Stirring and heating soups and sauces as well as preparing hot beverages.
- Assist with preparation of meal ingredients, includes washing, cleaning, peeling, cutting, and chopping vegetables, poultry, and meat
- Doing opening preparations
- Washing the plates (there is dishwasher)
- Dispose the rubbish to garbage bin
- Other ad hoc task by the chef in charge
- Training will be provided
- No experience necessary
- Must be able to work on weekends & PH
- Shift work
$2,000 – $2,500 a month