About Job Location
Madrid is the capital and most populous city of Spain. The city has almost 3.4 million inhabitants and a metropolitan area population of approximately 6.7 million. It is the second-largest city in the European Union (EU), and its monocentric metropolitan area is the second-largest in the EU. The municipality covers 604.3 km2 (233.3 sq mi) geographical area.
Madrid lies on the River Manzanares in the central part of the Iberian Peninsula. Capital city of both Spain (almost without interruption since 1561) and the surrounding autonomous community of Madrid (since 1983), it is also the political, economic and cultural centre of the country. The city is situated on an elevated plain about 300 km (190 mi) from the closest seaside location. The climate of Madrid features hot summers and cool winters.
The Madrid urban agglomeration has the second-largest GDP in the European Union and its influence in politics, education, entertainment, environment, media, fashion, science, culture, and the arts all contribute to its status as one of the world’s major global cities. Due to its economic output, high standard of living, and market size, Madrid is considered the major financial centre and the leading economic hub of the Iberian Peninsula and of Southern Europe. The metropolitan area hosts major Spanish companies such as Telefónica, Iberia, BBVA and FCC. It concentrates the bulk of banking operations in the country and it is the Spanish-speaking city generating the largest amount of webpages.
Madrid houses the headquarters of the UN’s World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), the Ibero-American General Secretariat (SEGIB), the Organization of Ibero-American States (OEI), and the Public Interest Oversight Board (PIOB). It also hosts major international regulators and promoters of the Spanish language: the Standing Committee of the Association of Spanish Language Academies, headquarters of the Royal Spanish Academy (RAE), the Instituto Cervantes and the Foundation of Emerging Spanish (FundéuRAE). Madrid organises fairs such as FITUR, ARCO, SIMO TCI and the Madrid Fashion Week. Madrid is home to two world-famous football clubs, Real Madrid and Atlético Madrid.
While Madrid possesses modern infrastructure, it has preserved the look and feel of many of its historic neighbourhoods and streets. Its landmarks include the Plaza Mayor, the Royal Palace of Madrid; the Royal Theatre with its restored 1850 Opera House; the Buen Retiro Park, founded in 1631; the 19th-century National Library building (founded in 1712) containing some of Spain’s historical archives; many national museums, and the Golden Triangle of Art, located along the Paseo del Prado and comprising three art museums: Prado Museum, the Reina Sofía Museum, a museum of modern art, and the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum, which complements the holdings of the other two museums. Cibeles Palace and Fountain has become one of the monument symbols of the city. The mayor is José Luis Martínez-Almeida from the People’s Party.
With more than 300 colleagues, we are seeking waiter/waitress with the passion to deliver the best service and exceed our guest’s expectations.
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the world’s most prestigious hotels and resorts. The Group now operates or has under development 41 hotels with more than 11,000 rooms in 25 countries in key business and leisure destinations.
The Hotel Renowned Parisian designers Gilles & Boissier, have created a sophisticated residential design for the 100 rooms and 53 suites, including several one-of-a-kind specialty suites, featuring unique design elements inspired by the hotel’s historic connections to the city, Spanish culture and art.
With a stunning and meticulous restoration that celebrates César Ritz’s pioneering spirit, a prestigious central location five restaurants and bars overseen by one of Spain’s most celebrated chefs and exceptional leisure and wellness facilities, Mandarin Oriental Ritz, Madrid is set to become the city’s most luxurious hotel.
• Have a good understanding of the outlet’s concept and food and beverage offerings and be able to verbally explain those to guests.
• Ensure that mise en place is completed shift to shift and during service in order to provide an efficient service. This includes cleaning tasks in front and back of house as well as polishing and assembling of equipment.
• Be able to operate the required steps on the point of sales system in order to process food and beverage orders.
• Properly up-sell services and products to our guests always, enhancing service and generating increased revenue.
• Perform any tasks relating to billing according to hotel standards and cashiering policies.
• Conserve all outlet equipment and utensils in good conditions by proper day to day handling of all applicable utensils and by carrying out required side duties as assigned.
• Assist in picking up all required stocks, including linen, beverage, dried goods and others and arrange them accordingly.
• Any other reasonable tasks as assigned by the restaurant manager.
• Create WOW moments to surprise and delight guests in the Restaurants through gestures and other actions. Requirements • Degree or Higher National Diploma in Hospitality/Hotel/Business Management is preferred.
• Experience as server in a high-volume restaurant with highest levels of service is preferred.
• A minimum of 1 year of experience working as server in Michelin Star restaurant or in Five Star Hotel. • Ability to understand guest needs and to deliver superior customer service.
• Basic computer skills including MS Office is preferred.
• Ability to understand effective approaches of communication with different individuals.
• Good command in Spanish & English, knowledge in other languages is an advantage.
If you’re enthusiastic to contribute in a fast-paced environment with F&B dynamics, please apply the post.
DISCLAIMER: We do not give out jobs to applicant, all we do is to provide jobs update across the world for easy access and submission of applications and CV. And also get to know that all service rendered on this platform is a selfless act that does not require any payment from the website users. Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams.