ABOUT JOB LOCATION
Vancouver may be a major city in western Canada, located within the Lower Mainland region of British Columbia. because the most populous city in the province, the 2021 census recorded 662,248 people within the city, up from 631,486 in 2016. The Greater Vancouver area had a population of 2.6 million in 2021, making it the third-largest metropolitan area in Canada. Vancouver has the very best population density in Canada, with over 5,400 people per square kilometre. Vancouver is one among the most ethnically and linguistically diverse cities in Canada: 52 percent of its residents are not native English speakers, 48.9 percent are native speakers of neither English nor French, and 50.6 percent of residents belong to visible minority groups.
Requisition ID: 36438
Located on the normal , ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Vancouver features a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks together of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the town of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being a part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and performance
Performs handling function at the City of Vancouver’s warehouse facilities including, loading, unloading, sorting, storing, moving, and counting inventory, receiving and issuing materials, packing and labeling materials and general warehouse maintenance.
The Warehouse Worker reports to the Storekeeper position; frequently interacts with a good range of internal and external stakeholders.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Receiving Inbound Material
- Unloads and inspects material for quality and quantity.
- Compares order to packing slip, report and document any discrepancies.
- Records the receipt of all inbound materials in SAP
- Labels material by SKU number, barcode, material description, and / or bin number.
- Arranges and stock material on racks, shelves, or bins consistent with predetermined sequence, and restock shelves as needed.
- Stores, distributes and / or disposes of returned material.
- Maintains accurate records of all in-stock material in SAP
Picking and Processing Orders
- Accepts and reviews accuracy of outbound customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, and requisition forms.
- Picks ordered materials from warehouse stock, assemble and prepares ordered materials for shipping.
- Loads and/or delivers orders when required.
- Records outbound material movement in SAP
- Conducts scheduled inventory cycle counts, record count totals, and report any discrepancies between count and SAP record.
- Maintains accurate record of inventory movement in SAP.
- Reviews, corrects, and completes orders request and document in SAP.
- Resolves routine customer inquiries at the counter and over the phone.
- Makes occasional offsite deliveries.
- Accompanies customers within the warehouses.
- Adheres to the required safety methods and procedures, departmental processes, and company policies.
- Maintains warehouse cleanliness and organization.
- Operates motorized material handling equipment (e.g. vehicles, forklifts, order pickers etc.)
- Performs other duties/responsibilities as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Completion of grade 12 or equivalency.
- Related warehouse experience, or the same combination of education and experience.
- Forklift Operator Certificate is required, with preference given to candidates with a minimum of 2 years’ experience operating a forklift.
- Current and valid Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia is required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of warehouse operations and materials movement.
- Ability to require directions, and follow instructions and regulations.
- Ability to perform thorough, complete, and accurate work.
- Ability to figure collaboratively within a team environment.
- Ability to create effective working relationships.
- Ability to use computer programs including word-processing, spreadsheets, databases and scheduling programs.
- Ability to read, write, count, and speak English.
- Ability to lift, push, and carry heavy items.
- Ability to work a vehicle, forklift, and order picker.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Ability to figure at heights.
- Ability to perform physical add all weather conditions.
Driver’s License and Record Checks:
- A valid BC Driver’s license is required.
- The license must not include any restrictions that might affect the ability to legally and safely carry out job responsibilities.
- Transportation arrangements must meet the operational requirements of the department.
Business Unit/Department: City Clerk’s Office (1060)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Parks
Employment Type: Auxiliary/Casual
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-016: $27.98 to $32.87 per hour
At the town of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a various workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to use. Accommodations are going to be provided upon request during the selection process. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
To be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity with a generous benefits package, please apply on our careers site.
DISCLAIMER: We do not give out jobs to applicant, all we do is to provide jobs update across the world for easy access and submission of applications and CV. And also get to know that all service rendered on this platform is a selfless act that does not require any payment from the website users. Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams.